Post Secondary Initiatives
According to Sexual Violence at Canadian Universities, at least one in four women attending college or university in Canada will be sexually assaulted by the time they graduate. As part of our vision, no woman should be made to feel unsafe or experience abuse or violence on their university campus.
Post-secondary institutions across Canada are embracing the Moose Hide Campaign as a way to create safer spaces, both on and off campus, and as a way to support reconciliation and inclusion.
Joining the Campaign promotes the implementation of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls Inquiry Calls for Justice.
Join the Movement
It's easy and free for your Post-Secondary Institution to participate in the Moose Hide Campaign. There are many ways to to show support:
- Wear and share the Moose Hide pin. We challenge each post-secondary institution to distribute these patches of hope and solidarity to raise awareness on campus. Order online here - they’re free! (including synthetic options)
- Set up a campaign kiosk. Give the campaign even more of a presence on campus by hosting a kiosk so students can pick up a pin and find out more. Read more about how to host one.
- Take part in a Moose Hide Campaign gathering and encourage members of your post-secondary community to join you. Our next event will be our first fully online Moose Hide Campaign Day on February 11, 2021. Find out more.
- Organize your own Moose Hide Campaign event on campus. Hundreds of community events have taken place across Canada, organized by local ambassadors. We’d love to see you set up your own, unique to your post-secondary community and context. Read more about how to do this.
- Participate in and promote our new social strengthening events. More information on these coming soon.
- Take the pledge. Inspire people on campus to take the online pledge to end violence – this could be verbal, written or as a video submission. Submit online pledges here.
- Become an Ambassador Campus with the Moose Hide Campaign. Find out more about the Ambassador Campus program.
Become a Moose Hide Campaign Ambassador Campus
The Ambassador Campus Initiative aims to end gender-based violence by creating safer campuses and student communities across Canada. Based on the completion of specific actions identified in the Annual Action Inventory for your campus, you can achieve the Moose Hide Campaign Ambassador Campus designation which demonstrates your ongoing commitment to reconciliation and addressing violence on campus. For more information, click here.
Safe Space, Safe Place Legacy Projects
The goal of the Safe Space, Safe Place national initiative was to create safer violence free campuses. We launched five Safe Space, Safe Place projects with post-secondary schools across Canada as a result of funding raised in partnership with the National MBA Games 2017 and 2018. Now, we continue to work on engaging all post-secondary institutions across Canada through our new Ambassador Campus Initiative. Click here to learn more about our past Safe Space, Safe Place legacy projects.
Get in touch