Post Secondary Initiatives
According to Sexual Violence at Canadian Universities, ‘at least one in four women attending college or university in Canada will be sexually assaulted by the time they graduate’. As part of the vision of the Moose Hide Campaign, all women should feel safe and free of violence and abuse on their university campus. Post -secondary institutions across Canada are embracing the campaign as way to both help create safely on and off campus and as a way to support reconciliation and inclusion.
It is easy and free for your Post-Secondary Institution to participate in the Moose Hide Campaign. There are many ways to get involved including:
- Wear and share the Moose Hide pin. Order online here - they’re free! (including synthetic options) We are challenging each post-secondary institution to distribute and spread the awareness on your campus.
- Organize a Moose Hide Campaign event or kiosk in your organization, school, or community. Learn more about how you can organize an event or kiosk by viewing our Documents and FAQ’s tab.
- Register online and encourage members of your community to attend Moose Hide Campaign events.
- Make your voice heard: Inspire members of your campus to take the online pledge to end violence (verbal, written or video submission based). Submit your online pledge here.
- Become a part of the Moose Hide Campaign post-secondary network community. Learn more about how you can get more involved with the Moose Hide Campaign by filling out the post-secondary contact form HERE
Safe Space Safe Place Legacy Projects
The Moose Hide Campaign has made a commitment to the post-secondary sector to roll out Safe Space, Safe Place projects as a result of the work completed within the National MBA Games 2017 and 2018. We continue to work on engaging all post-secondary institutions with the Safe Space Safe Place Initiative to build a Canada in which women and children are free from all forms of violence on their university campus. Click here for more information on Safe Space, Safe Place projects currently running.