Learn Where you Can Receive Assistance
Together we can make a societal shift in our approach to gender-based violence
If you are in immediate danger, call 911 right now for your own safety or that of others.
While we do not provide direct support services to victims of domestic or gender-based violence, there are many free resources and helplines across Canada that can help. Please use the numbers and resources below if you need support.
An online resource for women and children seeking safety from abuse by connecting them to their nearest shelters.
A free app for victims of domestic violence to help with their safety and wellbeing.
Kids Help Phone
Professional counselling, information, and referrals available for young people 24/7.
Residential School Crisis line
Available 24 hours a day for residential school survivors and family.
Individuals impacted by the issue of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls are encouraged to contact the MMIWG Crisis Line toll-free at
HOPE FOR WELLNESS HELPLINE
First Nations, Inuit and Métis seeking immediate emotional support can contact the Hope for Wellness Help Line toll-free at
Crisis Services Canada
The Canadian suicide prevention service – 24/7 support by phone or text.
- Distress Centre Calgary
- Wood’s Homes
Working for children’s mental health.
- KUU-US Crisis Line
Support for all callers in the Port Alberni area and Indigenous people throughout BC.
Crisis line: 1-800-588-8717
Youth line: 1-250-723-2040
- Tsow-Tun-Le-Lum Society
Substance abuse and trauma treatment centre.
- Canadian Mental Health Association – BC
Mental health support for those in BC.
Mental health support through the Distress Line Network.
- Métis Crisis Line
- Manitoba: Farm, Rural & Northern Support Services
Free, confidential and non-judgemental counselling for farm, rural and northern communities.
- Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak crisis response team
Safe crisis response trauma intervention to First Nations.
- Manitoba Suicide Prevention & Support Line
- Klinic Sexual Assault Crisis Line
204-786-8631 or 1-888-292-7565
- Sexual Violence New Brunswick
- Transition Houses Resources
- New Brunswick Aboriginal Peoples Council
- Northwest Territories Victim Services
- Northwest Territories Help Line
- Women Centres Connect
902-755-4647 (non-crisis number)
- Government of Nova Scotia Victim Services
- Nova Scotia Domestic Violence Resource Centre
- Transition House Association of Nova Scotia
- The Mi’kmaq Crisis Line
- Family Violence Nunavut
- Kamatsiaqtut Help Line
- ONTX Ontario Online & Text Crisis Service
Text/chat support for those experiencing emotional stress of crisis.
Text SUPPORT to 258258
Prince Edward Island
- Prince Edward Island Rape and Sexual Assault Centre
- Prince Edward Island Family Violence Prevention Services
902-894-3354, ext 221
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre
- Transitional House Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Sask 211
Text or call 211
- Association Québécoise Plaidoyer-Victimes (AQPV)
514-526-9037 (non-crisis number)
- CAVAC (Victim Assistance Centre)
1-866 LE CAVAC (1-866-532-2822)
- Yukon Status of Women Council
- Yukon Women’s Transition Home
Crisis line: 867-668-5733